
A rare bit of blue yesterday, in this month of rain. So far, every single day this month the rain has kept the garden well watered. Neighbor Mike and I speculating on the chance of it going the whole month, but it looks like the rain will stop this weekend.
Plucked parsley to get rooted. Use what I have, that I expect will live. Pretty stuff, too. Brilliant green, and tough.

Moby obviously achy with unaccustomed damp, poor old guy. But felt good enough to climb to the top of the tree this evening for a nice bath.

Thawed the key lime pie this evening. The last one appeared at tjs on my birthday one year in Boston. Never seen one since then. And I've watched for it, oh, yes. This time, there it was. I stopped, tapped D, who didn't see immediately, but once he did, we smiled at each other in full agreed memory.
This is the sort of deep joy in a long relationship, shared jokes, conversations continued after many years. I'm very fortunate to have found such a kindred humour. We hold up two fingers, and lay a finger from the other side atop.
π
6 comments:
"I like pie." Pauly
I'm not a big fan of key lime pie, but of shared memories, certainly.
Key lime pie is one of my favorite things, and I rarely have it.
Yes to the joys of long relationships--I have that with a couple friends.
I saw <a href="https://www.facebook.com/elephantmeditation/photos/a.814107828657018.1073741825.123616557706152/841647835903017/?type=1>this on farcevolume</a> today, and thought of Moby. Couldn't resist sending it! Hope the link works.
Hmm, that didn't go too well. Hope you can copy/paste the link anyway!
Phil,
So many old jokes...
Fresca,
It's been years for us. Yeah, old friends are very special.
gentle,
Found it, I'll put the image up on the next post. Thanks.
Post a Comment