Sunday, May 24, 2015

Estate

Found a rather nice mirror at an estate sale for a few dollars. Brightens the room.



Working on clearing the sick but persistent plants around the base of the hedge. Going pretty well.


The hedge war continues, of course. Found a number of bricks and rocks, which I will do something with.



Once I'm done, I'll lay down sand. Found a mass of snails, which all got a vinegar bath, which did them no good at all. As I intended. As well as a nest of ants. Did no harm at all to a number of bill bugs (crustaceans) and woodlouse spiders, daring jumping spiders, centipedes. Getting this area cleared of mulch may help the sick side of the garden just by keeping the bugges numbers down a bit. Lots of roots, too, which may be keeping other vegetation weak. Kept remembering the beech park in Boston, nothing grew beneath them.

A couple of recent favorites from Hilary Price over at Rhymes with Orange.


Spent a lot of time in the dirt, among the herbs and flowers. Feeling much better. That ten solid hours of sleep last night helped as well.


2 comments:

Phil Plasma said...

I could use that kind of sleep, for sure.

I wouldn't mind an hour here or there to deweed. I just haven't the time.

Zhoen said...

Phil,
My commiserations on your weeds.