Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Trains

Just my usual day off, but D shifted his day off, and we ran off to the train museum.


We'd not been before, did not quite realize they would have a geographically accurate, history supplied, train set. We were entranced. Had to go back around twice, both times slowly.



Despite an abundance of set-backs, delays and frustrations, we made it up there by train.

5 comments:

Phil Plasma said...

I take the train to and from work almost every day. There have been delays, some times, but for the most part it is on time.

There has been a movement to improve the train service in my area; it would be nice if this happened in my lifetime.

Relatively Retiring said...

When you come on your UK tour you must visit the Railway Museum at York and see the Royal coaches.
Miniature layouts are fascinating, especially when they are in people's attics and gardens, and even more so when their owners dress up in official uniforms to run their tiny trains!

Zhoen said...

Phil,
I miss the trains in Boston, always knew I would.

RR,
Telling a story, yes. This is what we most enjoyed about this model, it told the story of the difficulties of building a railway in this wild country.

Rouchswalwe said...

I'm thinking of that train ride link you sent me once. So cool!

Zhoen said...

Rou,
Oh, yes, I have to find that again. Must be here somewhere...