Monday, April 08, 2013

Arch

How does one lose one's shoes? This morning my shoes, with the good high arch support inserts, would not be found. Baffled, and getting late, I wore the crocs and called it good. Kept worrying at the puzzle all day, to no effect. When I got home, I went at it systematically, figuring they got kicked under somewhere. After a full round, and seeing D's eyes red and running, I suddenly remembered where I took my jeans off, and why. After hacking the branches, I immediately went to the basement and shoved everything into the washer, so as not to trigger D's allergies. The shoes sat there innocently, unaware of the anguish they'd caused.




The shoes have seen nearly enough service to justify replacing them, but the inserts have many years of wear left, and they are not cheap.

I have tender feet that really don't like being in crocs to walk any straight distance. In the garden, as slippers around the house, they are perfectly adequate. More than that, and my feet pass the pain up as far as they can reach, into my hips and back if given enough time.


Raining today. This is a happy.


4 comments:

Lucy said...

Don't know how I'd survive in a world without supportive footwear and sensitive toothpaste, painfully I suppose. Glad you found your footwear.

Julia said...

Oh but comfortable footwear is so important, especially if you're on your feet a great deal, which I think you are...

Happy days :-)

Zhoen said...

Lucy,
Oh, I think most peoples did footwear, of various qualities at different times. This is why we have small toenails, and walk heel-toe.

Julia,
I do spend a considerable amount of time standing, walking, crouching, and many other configurations.

Phil Plasma said...

I hope you didn't continue looking after you found them.