Cold week, not objectively that cold, but the cold that cuts through, gets in and under. Weird week, more dark disturbing dreams, of a rape and murder, waking with no idea where I was. Oriented myself with difficulty, fell back into dreams of dementia, writing myself notes about what I forgot, then losing the notes. Head and neck pain throughout.
I rarely ask our dear scrub tech with the great hands and pain magnets at the end of his fingers, but today, I asked. He thumbed my neck for a long time, and I did feel much, much better. I try not to abuse his skill and kindness unless I really need to, but today was the exception. He's a good guy, and a musician - hence the strong and effective fingers. One of those people with a good touch.
Dithering, tired, achy, not in anydamnmood. Disturbed and distressed.
D will rub my sore neck with tiger balm, and all will look better in the morning.
2 comments:
I love tiger balm. My CRNP told me about it this winter and it has been a smelly blessing in disguise ever since...actually, I like the aroma, come to think of it.
Hope you feel better tomorrow. I suspect Boston might be contributing to the distress, the dark dreams.
Sleep well, stay warm and snuggle. Snuggle is good.
Tiger Balm is a great comfort, and a blessing to the afflicted. I rather like the smell.
Oh, I know I'm worried about my old, temporary city. Part of me is there, and always will be. Will go and snuggle.
Post a Comment