Monday, April 15, 2013

Jagged

Trying not to get too much wrapped up, but I know those places in Boston. The people at Marathon Sports fitted us for shoes. I worked at that hospital for three years where everyone has been taken for treatment. Nothing I can do. Tugged at. Yanked.

Old friend from grade school gets in touch occasionally. She sent this photo she found of us, and other girls, from a field trip to the Detroit zoo.


Struggled to remember names, but I knew all. All, except the one on the end who became a very close friend in high school. Somehow, I remember her as older, and forgot this younger version. When I looked closer, knowing who it was, she became obvious. Strange, the mind remembers oddly, forgets oddly.



I don't recall the exact day, no idea who took this photo. I remember myself as so friendless. Maybe not as much as I felt isolated. Hidden and lost, perhaps more to myself.

I'd love to contact everyone in this photo, at least know they are ok.

6 comments:

the polish chick said...

(0)

Julia said...

I understand how you feel.
I also have strong ties to Boston, I dated a Bostonian for four years and thought that my future may have lain in that lovely city
I hope that your friends are all ok

Relatively Retiring said...

I occasionally have a strong urge to return to my past and revisit old friends. There have been times when it's been hard to recognise the person I've met, but then there is a gesture or an expression and it all comes back.

Joan said...

(O)

Phil Plasma said...

I rarely think about reconnecting with friends I've had in the past - I've moved on as have they.

Zhoen said...

Julia,

I know the people who work at the running shoe store are alright. I don't really have anyone I know that I would expect to be among the injured.

RR,
I have a few intermittent contacts with very old friends. Mostly we've moved on, but it's nice to hear from them once in a while.

Phil,
I just like to know they are ok.