
Not quite what I was thinking, but serendipitous. Rather fond of Mutts, for reasons I can't entirely explain.
Someone swiped the log we had out front, no idea why. They didn't take our chairs, or the rake on the porch, only that branch. So, I figure, meh. Maybe they needed firewood. I dug up sod, cleared more of the plastic netting. The soil seems looser, with more worms. Maybe because of the heavy snow pack on the "lawn" or that I'm out there earlier this year, or that the digging I did last year made a difference. Either way, it looks healthier, and I can barely restrain myself from throwing the rest of the seeds out there. But it needs another month, three weeks at least. Might well freeze hard this week, snow in the forecast.
Neighbors built a shed, possibly illegal in a historic neighborhood, but I'm not about to say anything, since I got up on the other neighbor's garage roof and took out some pollen laden box elder branches not at all on our side of the property line. Not that anyone will even notice. That house is a rented residence of college age folks, very transient.
And more sun for the garden. Still feel a bit silly that the idea of making sure there was enough light, for like plants, never occurred to me last year. Learned it in a class. Well, boy-howdy, plants need sunlight? Whod'a thunk?
Moby has proven himself a lap cat for the duration.
And has added sitting by this window, since I put the pillow on the chair. The sills are not quite wide enough for comfort.
We actually went for a walk, cat style, down the street a bit. I noticed a guy staggering down the block, what I think of as "Boston drunk." (Mostly because of watching a guy there working his way up Charles Street, keeping himself at a 45˚ angle by holding on to the buildings. To me, the epitome of drunkenness while still moving.) I got Moby off the sidewalk, onto the verge. Cat noticed staggerer, watched until he made his way past us, then cat had to run!run!run! faster than I could follow, right back inside.
I did caulk this last year, but didn't do a great job. So I finally got it right today.
Took way too long for us to find the caulk gun and then the silicone caulk. Inch long plug in the nozzle, which I pushed out - as well as a mess of the still fluid stuff with some force. Every job is the job, and cleaning up after the job.
7 comments:
i'm loving the colour of your walls! what a gorgeous soothing grey. and those floors are to die for. lovely place, zhoen! glad you're loving it well.
The tile is lovely. The same color in paint is not as happy.
I have been following your blog for some time, always enjoying your musings. Not relevant to this post, but a few days ago you posted...a bunch of pithy little sayings, odd quotations that have spoken to you over time, I'm guessing, and I wanted to let you know that I have been collecting pithy little sayings recently and am borrowing some of yours. I hope you don't mind.
(0)
:-)
Yes, still too early for seeds.
Sibyl,
Oh, most welcome. Go visit Whiskey River for a lot more, and the source for many of the quotes.
Post a Comment