Wednesday, May 02, 2018

Rains

Dreamed two men with hermit beards and hair were camped out in front of our house on the verge, and one took a dump there. And in the back, a man had put up a portable basketball hoop right outside the bedroom window and was shooting hoops in full color gear. Within the dream, this felt so real, I had to check when I got up that none of this had happened.

The homeless are camping out more in this part of town, preferring makeshift tents attached to shopping carts to the overcrowded shelters. It's disturbing, but I blame our culture and government for not taking care of these poor people. They should have a safe place, food, shelter, care. I give them margin, because although I recognize their right to whatever space they can carve out for themselves, I also know they are potentially dangerous. There is no judgement here, only due care of my own safety.

The garden becoming lush and full of greenery. I'm weeding out the grasses with spiky leaves, this is just becoming possible this year because of all the other intentionally planted stuff taking over. I tend it all carefully, which is not work, but love. Like love, it requires attention and effort, which is not quite the same thing as work.

I managed to sleep in this morning, Dylan came in to kiss me before he went out. Eleanor was scrunched up beside me, and chirruped at Dylan. As if to say "Hey, what about me?" So he leaned over and she sniffed his nose, and he kissed the top of her head.

Expecting rain again. The mustard flowers are a rather pretty and bright clear yellow, very tiny. Allium blooming, as are the lighter irises. I don't think the black irises will bloom this year, maybe they only do so in alternating years. The tree is just starting to bud, as usual, it's the last in the spring to do so.



2 comments:

gz said...

homeless all around the world. Heartbreaking.
A good garden and a loving man and cat. Can't fault them.

Nimble said...

Glad you can do some weeding and refining of your grasses now that more is growing. Worrying about squatters in the neighborhood is no fun. I try not to do apocalyptic thinking but capitalism is less and less convincing lately.