Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Blanket

More rain overnight. A good 1/4", maybe more. Barrels filled, as I figured they would be.

Watching a documentary on Ealing Comedies with Richard E. Grant. He really is a bit of an oddball. I've seen many of them, mostly at the DIA about 35 years ago. They did a series. Whiskey Galore, Man in the White Suit, Lavender Hill Mob. The beginning of my film education. I'm not so much a film lover now, seen too many, I've gotten too picky. But I still love a good a good story, such a human trait.

The garden is damp and eager to surge. More coming up every day. The black iris very nearly ready to bloom. One already snapped off by someone, so I put the cage around it. I'm not angry, it's a trade off of living along a fairly busy street with a diverse neighborhood. Kids and crazies and desperate people living chaotic lives. I offer the garden as solace, and some take it a bit too literally. People, earwigs, snails, pill bugs, bears...


The sunflowers will come up in their own time. Mustard making a glowing blanket of bright yellow. Everything possible, although the likely is a smaller set.

No comments: