Monday, March 16, 2015

Uniformation



"Patty I think
I think that’s a urine sample"
Via Patterns.


These uniforms would make my job even weirder. Glad I just throw on scrubs and a cap and start running.





Warm, dry, dusty weather. No substantial rain in sight. Not auspicious for a garden, even a drought resistant one.

7 comments:

Phil Plasma said...

I have no uniform for my work. My son has no uniform for his school, but he does have a dress code. If my daughters end up going to the high schools we plan on sending them, they will have a uniform.

Classof65 said...

When I first started working in hospitals, in 1966, all nurses, except those in OR, wore the full complement: white dress (no slacks allowed), white shoes, white stockings, white nurse's cap (differing in design dependent upon where the nurse graduated). As a nurse assistant I wore a white blouse, turquoise pinafore, white stockings (there were no pantyhose invented yet), white shoes. All skirts had to end two inches below the knee (or touch the floor when the nurse or assistant knelt). In the OR the female nurses wore scrub dresses and the male doctors and nurses (there were very few male nurses) wore scrubs very much like those in use today.

When I worked in the Lab, we finally lobbied to wear pants suits because the patients in the other beds could look up our skirts when we leaned over our patient in his bed to draw blood.

I worked in both Catholic and secular hospitals back then and the rules were nearly identical regarding dress codes.

the polish chick said...

as much as i love clothes, i did enjoy my many years of "choosing an outfit" via going for the scrubs at the top of the pile.

at this point in my new career, i'm still excited at the prospect of wearing "civilian" clothes, but i can see the day when i miss the ease of scrubs. plus, those elastic waists are excellent when one feels a little thicker around the middle.

Zhoen said...

Phil,
I wore uniforms through school, made life much simpler.

Class,
I've seen scrub dresses, such an odd thing to me. In the last 20 years in this work, I've never been asked to wear a skirt or dress, good thing too.

pc,
I have no fashion sense, I'm so glad I get to wear pjs at work. So much cheaper, and I don't have to wash or iron them.

Fresca said...

*smiles*

Rouchswalwe said...

In the ER here, everybody was in the darkest of blue.

Zhoen said...

Rou,
I like the dark blue scrubs. Ours are light blue. Still better than green, or mix-n-match. I like the reds and maroons as well.