Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Freshly



I put the freshly washed and dried sheepskin on the chair. Took Moby a couple of days to decide this was All Right. He'd taken over the chair I use in the kitchen when I have breakfast, so I had to use the other one yesterday morning. He's been groaning a bit more, so I daubed him with glucosamine/chondroitin, and turmeric this morning. He ran around with Eleanor when I got home this afternoon.

The rain is done, but the clouds linger pleasantly. I put down cilantro seeds, in hope. Now, the real waiting begins, two months to see if anything germinates and stretches out toe-roots to make themselves at home. Maybe less, given the apparent change in our climate.

More green emerging, to our delight.

6 comments:

the polish chick said...

does the turmeric work on humans as well? what is your method of application? (yes, looking for cat cures here!)

Tom said...

Sorry to hear Moby is under the weather. Hope he perks up soon. Animals can be such a worry, bless them.

Zhoen said...

Pc,
I smudge some on his fur, so that he licks it off. Same with the chondroitin, it's a gel, so I daub some on his paw.

Tom,
He's getting to be an old guy, so sometimes everything aches. Having Eleanor to chase with has been good for him.

Nimble said...

Come on toe roots!
@polish chick: Turmeric is indeed supposed to be very good for humans. You can put it into gel capsules and swallow it if you don't like to cook with it.

Zhoen said...

What Nimble said. Or you can put some on your paw and lick it off.

the polish chick said...

i do like to cook with it. i was thinking more of topical uses. alas, i'm not particularly furry…or flexible, so i'll have to lick it off my furless paw if needed.