Sunday, March 01, 2015

Clearly



Sat by the other window to read, drink tea. Eleanor jumped up at the far end of the sill, hopped over the pot, and got behind the only closed blind.


Cleared nearly around the tree, stopping after an hour. D strongly suggesting I limit my digging, since I've been very sore, and my knees are wobbly. Will finish the rest Wednesday. Going carefully close to the tree, so as not to damage it, while clearing away weed roots.


I found a lot of these little woodlouse spiders. Colorful amid the brown soil, quite red. I'm in cowhide gloves, so I wasn't concerned.




Ready to return to work. Feeling a sense of accomplishment, and well rested.

Went to dinner with D's family, for his brother's birthday on Saturday, another brother visiting from SD. We are really enjoying having new nephews, gives his parents a focus, relieves us of a lot of conversational pressure. And they are both nice kids, bright and easy going - so far.


5 comments:

gz said...

a fresh format!

Don't overdo the gardening...I know you want to see it done, but it is supposed to be enjoyable not painful!

Zhoen said...

gz,
Both are inevitable.

Phil Plasma said...

I often look for topics that will lead to a decrease in conversational pressure but usually fail. I am a developing conversationalist.

Tom said...

I liked the point made about being in cowhide gloves, so wasn't concerned. I never garden these days without gloves as there are too many invisible French bugs to which I cannot gain immunity.

Zhoen said...

Phil,
I can do it, but I often don't care enough to be effective.

Tom,
Mostly, I'm trying to keep my hands clean enough so I can scrub them sufficiently for work.