"About that unprovoked and vicious attack... "
"Whatever."
"I was excited... and... "
"Just relax."
"'N'kay."
No energy at all today. Bit of a rough night, especially for D. We are already getting smothered with tree pollen. I dug not at all this weekend. Just as well, the yard waste bin is full. I sprayed acetic acid on the weeds in the driveway, and took both cats out in turn. After Eleanor came in, she sniffed Moby, then bopped him, then went into a full on attack, which I stopped by growling. She slunk off. Not ten minutes later, they are sharing a sunbeam. Nothing like a common enemy.

I declared a fiat, since we have an Occasional Tyranny in this house. We used to declare someone Movie Dictator when looking for videos in shops (like they used to have.) To keep the time spent deciding to less than the time spent watching the movie. My fiat goes, "We are not touching the lamp until Wednesday."
Neither of us capable of the physical nor intellectual process of doing this correctly without breaking something, so, no matter how much we want it done, it ain't happening. I have Spoken. This helps, because without a Declaration, we would tend to talk ourselves into it, and get in trouble. We discussed it first, of course. But when it seemed like we were going to go against our better judgement, I Declared. We want this done well, and may never have to do it again in our lives, waiting a few days is only sensible.
We do take turns, although no one counts who was Tyrant last. Our most frequent edicts involve dinner, or when to stop working on a project.
Tonight, drugs for all the humans, hot showers/baths, massages and anything else to ameliorate our distresses. Likely another overstuffed week, because the following week is surgeon conferences, and a thin schedule for us. Given that there isn't a holiday until May, this stands in.
6 comments:
i wish i'd called halt. we spent all day working on three projects - well, only got to two. one, a leaky dishwasher, took forever, and in the end it still leaks - turns out we changed the wrong part. after ALL THAT we need to do it all over again.
the second, a hanging bike rack, was supposed to make us feel better - a simple attach and screw in, until a heavy piece fell and smashed off a piece of baseboard at which point my mood smashed too.
third project never even got attempted.
what a #%7@ waste of a sunday. grrrrr.
(O)
pc,
Oh, I am so sorry, that just sucks. Exactly the sort of thing we were afraid of here.
That is so wise, to know when to stop, but mostly to be able to stop. I used to work/talk myself into exhaustion and then be unable to stop. Potentially really damaging at many levels.
Hope some energy comes back soon.
I wonder if Moby might have brushed against the acetic acid and got some on his fur. That would have changed the way (his scent) Eleanor knows him, thus startling her into her reaction.
Our cats used to hiss at our dog every time he came home from the groomers, but they were best pals any other time. Vet said animals use their noses to recognize each other, to know how the other animal is feeling, where they've been, what other animals they encountered, and so on.
Just a thought.
Good to see they made up.
I need to learn when to stop, too. I'm working on it.
RR,
Lots of hard experience behind that.
Crow,
Possibly. But Moby'd been out earlier, then she went out, also near the vinegar odor, which was largely dissipated already, for several hours. She just gets very excited at times, and WANTS TO PLAY NOW!
She certainly reacted to me growling at her. "Whoah, food-dude is really pissed."
Post a Comment