Friday, October 17, 2014

Consolation

Plain knee scope, patient 6'9".

Bilateral fasciotomy, patient 5' nuthin'.

Laterjet shoulder, long, long, long. We don't do a lot of these.

Shoulder, lateral, six anchors.

ACL, patient 6'5".

Not a short day, not an easy day, nothing routine nor straightforward. All with extra people and no Fellow. Two residents, & a med student.

Got a 20 min. lunch. Thanks to D running over to TJs last night for a packaged meal, I had enough food. Head in a vice, and worn to bits, but recoverable. Had nice sake as a consolation. And D made me eggs, which was exactly what I needed and wanted. Reading Wodehouse as well.

5 comments:

Relatively Retiring said...

(0)

Nimble said...

Wodehouse is my favorite reading if I wake up in a panic in the middle of the night.

Zhoen said...

Nimble,
I'd never read him much, until this year. Not the actual books. Just finished Damsel in Distress and Uncle Dynamite, and love the intricate, if quite ridiculous, plotting, as well as the amazing language.

Phil Plasma said...

You had some tall patients that day, does that make things more difficult or does it make it easier?

Zhoen said...

Yes.

Well, it depends.