More evident that Moby has vision issues. I no longer bother with the harness when we take him out. He doesn't move that fast, and is intermittently, heartbreakingly hesitant. Still. Loves going out, thin, but still active. Slow, but still getting around. So, we watch, and take care of him as best we can.

Eleanor in rude good health.


Spotted the most lovely black bee with golden wings on the bergamot this morning.

The mexico midget tomatoes are tiny, but nice, and lots of 'em. About the size of a large pea. Had to deal with a slug infestation on one plant. More and more earwig oil traps, all getting lots of the little bugges. Still no noticeable rain since May.
The contractor will be coming on Monday to start work on the porch, concrete maybe Friday, maybe Monday next.
Is it so odd that I'm considering this still important, in case we need to take in a refugee? Like, Anne Frank sort of thing? I don't need anyone telling me how much danger I'm in, I can imagine the worst case without prompting.
Trying to stay pragmatic and determined.
6 comments:
I'm unfamiliar with bergamot. Wikipedia tells me it produces a citrus fruit. Does yours?
Hopefully, I've managed to rescue a failing collection of Bergamot. It was struggling in dry weather. I'm very sorry to read that Moby is struggling too.
Catalyst: I'm in Middle England. Bergamot is also called 'Bee Balm' and it attracts lots of insects. The leaves are aromatic and can be used to make tea, but mostly its a lovely plant for the garden.
What RR says.
Yeah, Moby's feeling the years, dear old guy. So are we.
Our bergamot has red blossoms but looks otherwise the same. I think the citrus variety is a different plant (species?). This one is a herb, in Ireland it's called bee balm. To me, the blossoms look like a bunch of mad punks.
Our two cats lived long lives and watching them slow down and retire more and more of their faculties was hard but you will know when Moby needs help.
I am intrigued and heartened by your Anne Frank thoughts.
(0)
Sad to see Moby getting older...but that is how it goes for all. He is still a wise cat xx
Post a Comment