
\Offering the salvageable wood on our nextdoor.com, free of course. No idea if anyone will want it. Too much paint for me to want it for the potential greenhouse. This should make it a bit easier to put in the skip. Making a sign for the front parking space for our neighbor when the skip is in the driveway.
Whole lotta nails, splinters. I'm handling it all slowly and with care. Thought about a guy I worked with at the library decades ago. He had a lugubrious manner, reserved. Seemed not to be doing much, and that slowly. But, somehow, all his materials got shelved. I eventually figured out, he just never stopped. He was like the tide coming in. When I have a difficult, tedious, or potentially dangerous job to do, I think of him, and try to be like him. Mostly, I like to work quickly, then relax. Some jobs, that is entirely the wrong approach.
4 comments:
(O)
I like the slow and easy way. Trying to do that while the M is down.
I will bet that the wood will go quickly. Anytime I put a large item by the curb, it is taken , no matter it's value.
i'm like you - bursts of activity followed by relaxation. but yes, there is something to be said for the other approach.
Post a Comment