Monday, April 06, 2009

Jolt



Warm sun on the balcony, grass and catnip left out to grow.

I have had my fellow staff, those who would not make petty complaints about a cow-orker, come to my defense. Just a few, but it counts. And I am slowing myself down, policing my reactions for stray anger hidden as righteousness. I now spread calm. Alert and Brave and Cheerful. And the Manager is hearing about it.

I might just pull this off and keep my job. Still going to keep looking for a new one, because you never know. But not going to just take anything. I have to stay and make this work, which is a hard lesson of great worth. No escape for me, I have to face this now, and every day from here on. Because there just are no jobs to be had. I can pounce on any research job that comes up. I can learn more about how to get published. But I have to put all my heart into making this job work today.

We've decided our dream trip will be to Vietnam. This is a long term plan, mind. Time enough to learn a little Vietnamese. Just have to stay employed, since we aren't going to win lots of money.

7 comments:

Dale said...

Yay!!

The Crow said...

(O)

:)

Relatively Retiring said...

(0)

Phil Plasma said...

I would have come to your defence even knowing only what you feel free to reveal here.

Hopefully things turn around enough for your employment to be assured.

Lucy said...

Sorry I've missed much of this.

You shouldn't have be the one to take flight anyway. This sounds promising though, hope you get through it.

Rosie said...

I hear a cool calm and strong resolve...good on ya .
This is intelligent self defense

mbick said...

I'm glad that your co-workers have gotten vocal in their support. I like the "Alert and Brave and Cheerful" defense you've taken. Still, sorry managers leave a lot to be desired.

Oh,btw, great tea mug you've got there.