Piercer was covered in tattoos and piercings, but a smile, and his clear kind eyes told me he saw me. Which was worth it all alone. I've found this before, that people with a hostile presentation are often the sweetest people ever. Learned this most deeply in the army, everyone wore the same uniform, so the real personality shone through. Scales fell from my eyes in those years, I became far less distracted by surfaces. I could tell this man also saw past surfaces, even in the business of altering them. He saw through my drabness as well. We cultivate our camouflage, we who are not, and have no wish to be, mainstream normal.
The process was only momentarily painful. A dull ache. And within a few minutes, the same sense of easing as after an acupuncture moment. The headache that had been building was gone. Possibly just by suggestion, but I've always been open to suggestion.
This is a long healing process, cartilage being avascular. A puncture. The little ring is blue, pleases me in itself.


Taking what comforts I may.
8 comments:
"he saw me" - yes, we all just want to be seen, to be acknowledged as human in our own right.
good luck with the pain relief.
I have heard such good things about that piercing!
A friend has not a ring but a stud there and when the headache starts, she gently presses on the it for relief.
And the power of placebo, never to be underestimated.
My hopes for it to bring you relief.
(O)
I just hit Publish, no proving I'm not a robot..it works
pc,
Always a joy to meet a fine soul.
Sabine,
The studies are not rigorous, but I'm happy to add my data point. I really have felt better since, so yay.
A lot more grass, self-seeded, which is not what I want there eventually, but for now it keeps weeds down. Pretty moving in the wind.
gz,
Yeah, it's that great?
Yes, some of the scary-presentation people seem to be getting it out of the way and are total sweetness. Sounds like you have the right attitude being open to outcomes, I hope the piercing does you good.
I knew nothing about daith piercings before I read your post.
If it helps with migraines, why not, eh?
Migraines are so disabling that whatever helps has to be good , though the thought of having a daith piercing myself makes me queasy .
Nimble,
That's the thing about prevention, impossible to be sure it's working.
Phil,
See above.
S&S,
Sorry about the queasiness. I was never into piercings, as such. Although I had my lobes pierced when I was 11. This was not a longed for event, more a reasonable idea that came together. Really well regarded piercing studio very close by, confluence of experience...
Post a Comment