
Friday evening the traffic thick from some stadium event at the U, a stunning sky, and plenty of time to safely capture the moment.
Game night, which is really just an excuse to chat. Through a circuitous route through the MEETUP site, we now have a twice monthly gathering of a few interesting people, and sometimes an RPG.
The HRT has taken the edge off the hotflashes and night sweats already, enough that I've been getting significantly improved sleep. The worst of the fatigue eroding.
Had a work/army dream last night. In sort of barracks, in BDUs, lost my cap, but woken by the core tech, because he wanted me to wake up the other scrub tech - an involved process involving rubbing spoons on her hands, exacerbated by not knowing where she slept and needing a large C-arm and the rest of the barracks, to find her. Had to get permission from one of my tall surgeons, who was much taller in the dream (he gave me a weird fist bump) to go to the PX to buy a new hat. Instead of a typical store lay-out as is usual for a PX, it was very much a flea market, and I couldn't find anyone selling the proper hat to match my old style camo pattern of the rest of my uniform, one guy had only a couple of hats - obviously used, with names marked on them. He finally found me one that was similar enough, but had huge earflaps/face swaddling, that he showed me how to fold up so that it would look right. Then I had to find proper insignia.
Lots of cleaning this week, Dylan's work colleagues coming over for Thanksgiving Friday. I've not been up to any sincere cleaning the past two weeks.
There is a petition to the Electoral College to elect Hillary Clinton. Given current showing, it's got a chance. I've signed. If you have a vote here, please read it and see if you can sign it. Of course, they are the persecuted ones, poor rich white men, not getting all the power they think is their birthright. Dylan remembered a quote from a few years ago, "The last living Republican will claim his children are spiting him by getting stuck in his teeth."
Which of course brought this Goya to mind.

Time for a few black madonnas.




4 comments:
sign of my generation that when you mention madonna, i think of a certain singer. love the black madonnas! also currently reading irving's latest book which is heavy on the madonnas, virgin marys, and assorted holy women.
(O)
Good luck with the petition - I don't think it will go anywhere.
I'm alarmed by the idea of sincere cleaning .
Post a Comment