Cleaning. Lots of cleaning. Almost done, shining. All that catfur does dull the surfaces. Now the room gleams. Not going to do as much as I'd planned, since me relaxed in a less than perfectly cleaned house is better than me stressed and tired in a spotless place.
Slept in, stopping now for lunch and MST3K. Puma Man, now Pod People, more pain to come. "It stinks!"
The broiled chicken turned out very tasty and moist, although it took longer than suggested or planned for. No matter, worth it. Lots of chili-lime & ginger. Cats have turkey again, with a gap filled with chicken, since for a while there were only whole, usually frozen, turkeys available.
Looking forward to meeting Dylan's work friends. I know his boss, worked with her many years ago at the library. I love having people here, doesn't matter if I know them well or not. Here, I am safe and can be welcoming.
But today, just us. Everything's fine in here. Sanity break.
4 comments:
Our chick turned out well, too. Not surprising, given my SWMBO's talents in the kitchen. I made dressing, good too. Nice day, watching a movie and laughing a lot.
Happy turkey day! I made dessert and veg and bread. I was happy to have the bird roasting in our hosts' hands. It was a loud and good gathering
nothing like a sanity break. mr. monkey and i are doing exactly that today - heading out to get some pie, and then getting cozy at home!
Sending fur ruffles and happiness to you all on Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment