Friday, April 26, 2019

Post



The stretch always feels good.

Then. Opposition.



Then the flippity-flopity.



Counting.




Always better after, which is very encouraging. At day 12 post fracture, inclusive.

Yesterday. Shopping cart trip for catsoup poultry, other groceries, not really a long walk, long enough. Everything takes 3X as long, twice the effort, half the progress. The floors are all filthy. I'm struggling to keep dishes cleaned, kitchen counters semi-clear, my own hand washed. Spring light and mud, and here I am trying not to notice too much. Waves of despair, aches, and exhaustion. Took drugs last night, slept better, feeling more able today. Dylan off to see a movie, with my blessing. I pulled weeds and grasses. Walked for beer, which keeps me from being tempted to take opioids. Did, a half, last night, slept better than since the 14th. Pre break days.

Glad I haven't shaved since 1988.



No damn shaving.

4 comments:

gz said...

exercises!!..necessary...but enjoy them!

Sabine said...

You are on your way!

As for your floors, as long as there is love in the chaos and the place continuous to feel like home, all is well.
Housework can wait, healing that fracture can't.

Zhoen said...

gz,

It hurts. Only the progress is enjoyable.

Sabine,
It bugs me, gets depressing. Because I'm here all the time.

Rouchswalwe said...

Uff, this brings back the exercises I had to do when I broke my leg. And yes, it was awful watching my place clutter up. Some days it bothered me more than others. But uff.