Friday, April 19, 2019

Acronymics

Sam is helping, good bear.




Since my legs are working just fine, we went out to walk. Lovely lunch, picked up an item ordered pick-up-in-store from last weekend, all on public transportation and feet.

Warm enough to be out in short sleeves, sat on the porch a long time as Moby basked.

I'm cheerful and well, except for the injury and a host of little bruises and sore spots. Getting in better shape, in every way I can. Taking very few pain meds, none since last night, and cut in half. Moving my fingers more every day. Left hand getting the idea, enjoying the challenge. Feel patient and kindly to all.Getting help all over the place.


Lots of forms and admin, as this is workers comp, FMLA, PTO, other letters sure to come for my ORIF. Like being in the army again. FUBAR.

3 comments:

The Crow said...

Ah, yes...FUBAR! Haven't thought of that acronym in ages, though I've been working in many of those situations. Now I will bring it out again.

Good bear, indeed. Provides soft, comforting elevation for the wounded paw. So glad you are feeling a bit better. Getting back to some semblance of normality helps us heal from injury, both physically and psychologically.

But I don't have to tell you that. You've been doing that for years.

Zhoen said...

Crow,
Always good to hear and be reminded. Remembering to breathe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_military_slang_terms. I'd forgotten BOHICA.

Awake too early, which means I'm getting enough sleep generally, mental health improved. Taking what blessings are on offer.

Sabine said...

Bears are always helpful. As are cats.

We are watching a British crime series at the moment, Line of Duty, season five I think, and it's riddled with acronyms. Most make sense to people who have watched previous seasons AND paid attention. We didn't. Obv. We look at each other: AC12, OCD, UCO, ENT902, and so on, what a way to go. Great fun, we haven't a clue. But still, a recommend if you are bored. It's not too gruesome, very British and excellent acting. But start with season 1, unless you are seriously gifted in acronym guessing.