Monday, December 31, 2018

Snowglobe



Gusty winds, blowing snow, bright sun, predicted lows in the single digits. Feels like a snowglobe, walking through, it actually sparkles. Glad of my dense-fabric duster and a good hat.

At work until 3, home now, settling in to a couple of days off. I knew getting off at noon was too much to expect, and sure enough. Everyone just feeling at wit's end. Sitting watching the bright swirls, glad to be inside and cozy. Occasional white outs. This is in the middle of the city, imagine what it's like on the long, flat highways.

The winter holidays are important, to our emotional health. To celebrate or at least to retreat from work and noise. Having had neither this year, even on alternate days, has ben trying. I want to shut it all out, just for a little while. To live by my own rhythms and listen to the quiet voice. Not to drive, not to shop, not to clean, or leave the house. Nothing, just a little space of nothing.



2 comments:

gz said...

Enjoy your space xx

Rouchswalwe said...

Oh my goodness, Z, I hear you. Yes ... I was strong this year and told my work dudes I would not be checking email.