Hail in February is pretty rare, got some this evening. Lightening took out power to traffic lights on my way home. More and more rain, refilling our reservoirs, building the snow-pack we survive on. Up to average, and just a bit above now.
Lt Rain
50°F
10°C
Humidity83%
Wind SpeedN 12 MPH
Barometer30.05 in (1016.3 mb)
Dewpoint45°F (7°C)
Visibility10.00 mi
Wind Chill45°F (7°C)
Last Update on 13 Feb 5:53 pm MST
Cats finding their comforts. Eleanor taken to walking on me in the morning. Moby sitting by his best friend, the electric heater.
I hugged D, "Thank you so much for not giving a fuck about Valentine's Day."
"No," he responds, "Thank you for not giving a fuck about Valentine's Day!"
"Well, we probably wouldn't be together if I did."
"Yeah, I can't see how that would have worked."
The rain still falls. The hail short lived.
5 comments:
i don't understand - what's wrong with a holiday on which one must show one's love using a prepackaged methodology? who doesn't love long stemmed red roses and cheap waxy chocolates in an acid-pink heart-shaped box? overpriced dinners with champagne? grand public gestures? who doesn't love being told what to do and when and how? oh, me, that's who.
bah-heartbug.
pc,
Ah, everybody's got a thing.
happy don't-give-a-fuck day!
Having grown up in a country that couldn't care less about Valentine's Day, I have never understood the need for it. Especially when for me, it's the "fifth" season, i.e., Karneval time!
flask,
Oh, I did enjoy it. Gave not one fuck at all.
Rou,
And in Japan, it's apparently a huge thing. As well as (very secretly) among young Pakistanis.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/02/13/valentines-day-pakistan/5447387/
Maybe it's the repression that stimulates it?
Post a Comment