
This day started early, cold, but only mildly uncomfortable. It picked up speed, though. All is well... ish. D is snoring on the sofa, ice on his wrist, more or less comfortable. We were well cared for, but surgery is not benign, it's just better than the alternatives. D's finger x-rays are rather dramatic. Graft from his wrist, that itself required graft. I could hardly bear to be away from him, but I let everyone do their work without interference.
This is going to be a difficult month, much more for him than me. I'll just be worrying.
I'll start cleaning up around here in a few minutes, much to be done. For the moment, I am pulling myself together. We live.
6 comments:
Glad to hear all is well.
Sometimes I think it must be much easier to do hospital without knowing all that you, a surgical nurse, do know.
Of course, the flip/benefit side to that is that knowing the hospital staff will usually translate into prompt updates.
{zhoen and d}
Glad it's over. Take lots of care of yourselves. Hand out of action and hurting will, I'm sure, be wretched and frustrating for a while. An occasion to be very grateful we live now and not in any earlier time. xxxx
Such is love in all it's manifestations. Sending you good thoughts from across the sea.
Thank you so much for the update. I was thinking about you two last night, but I didn't want to intrude with a phone call. Glad to know everything went as planned.
Healing time!
Thank you all. Much as I am aware that this is "minor", I do know too much, and I worry out of proportion.
Post a Comment