Friday, August 27, 2021

Puzzles

 So, I'm going to 10 hour shifts starting Monday. Apparently I'm doing well enough, and am sufficiently trusted, to work semi-independently.  This feels so good. Still daunting, but it still feels like such a good fit.  Lots to learn, and that will never end.  Also, I'm using my deep knowledge base in ways no one else there has, which is helpful. 

I really enjoy the puzzle aspect of the work. And reading so many stories in the complex medical histories that are the heart of the work.  After four weeks, this seems like I will do ok.  I will still make mistakes, I will still have bad days. This is life.  I will keep doing the job in front of me. 

This has swallowed my attention. I came home last night, crawled in bed at 7, and slept through to 6.  Today was a good day. 


5 comments:

The Crow said...

Thank you for serving your fellow veterans. You do fit in well!

Relatively Retiring said...

That sounds so promising. Wonderful to find you're in the right place!

GentleEye said...

A good day is worth celebrating. Every one that comes along!

Zhoen said...

Crow,
Doing the best I can.

RR,
I think so. And I can, in time, retire well.

Gentle,
Feeling so much better. Don't think I quite realized just how burnt out I was, knew it was bad, but...

Nimble said...

Yahoo! I also really enjoy the puzzle-solving aspects of my job.
What a good feeling to give something your all and then sleep well.