Saturday, August 07, 2021

Dry

 For the first time in oh so long, I feel really good about life. I'm cleaning and my back isn't in pain. 

Took a quiz, and did pretty well. 


It's been a long hard stretch.  I was already burnt out and looking for a change 2 1/2 years ago. Then broke my wrist, we lost Moby, my mother died, we both got COVID, then work closed down for same, plantar fasciitis,earthquake, land hurricane, toxic bullies at work triggered cptsd, back pain flared up, then lost my job. 

I'm not quite home and dry, but I am vigorously drying off. 


8 comments:

Nimble said...

Change is $%^%^ing hard. So glad it's looking like a better place to work.

Catalyst said...

I took the same quiz and scored 77.6, just average. That's about how I feel these days. Glad things are looking up for you.

Zhoen said...

Nimble,
The work itself interests me, I get more patient contact as well.

Cat,
Nothing wrong with average. Beats most of the alternatives.

pohanginapete said...

Wow, that's a tough run when all laid out like that. So glad things are looking up, and may the turn for the better continue into the long term and beyond. Good luck with the drying off (o)

Sabine said...

This is so good to read. What a rough ride you had.

Zhoen said...

Pete,
Yeah, when I question my decisions and state of mind, I try to remember this and give myself a bit of slack.

At least I know where my towel is. And it's a nice, big, soft beach towel.

Sabine,
Menopause took its toll, I must say. Well, get it all over with, right?

gz said...

Good that you are starting to relax. That is one heck of a list of happenings
It is always good to know where your towel is. As they say, Don't Panic 😉

Zhoen said...

gz,
42