Saturday, August 14, 2021

Bulletin





The bees love the sunflowers. So do the squirrels - who climb the stalks, break them often, and steal the seed heads. I swear, I thinned them mercilessly in the spring. But two storms that dropped an inch of rain per gave them a big boost. It's a forest of sunflowers. 




One of a handful of programs I have to learn looks like this. Right back to the BBS I started on, run by a friend of Dylan's, and one of his colleagues. (I was only allowed on because Dylan was established and agreed to provide tech support for me.) It's as clunky and old-school as it looks. I've lost track of how many different programs I have to use, but this one is the oldest looking. I assume this makes it very difficult to hack the system, since even with access it's not easy to find information.  Still, got through the lists from two days to get each chart seen, and orders set up for x-ray, for this week's clinics. 


 

3 comments:

gz said...

Sunflower envy!!!!

Catalyst said...

Sunflowers as new as that computer program is old.

Zhoen said...

gz,
They grow in gutters and sidewalk cracks here. Which makes them no less appealing.

Cat,
Exactly. Would be nice to have a fully integrated and modern system, but... ha! Ha, I say.