Got a real anti-stress mat for the kitchen, without words. I really don't like having words on household items. For some strange reason, kitchen gear, mats especially, tend to come with slogans and aspirational sentiments written on them. The one with the three botanical images that I have, Chives, French Sage, Sorrel are written below them - although in cursive and hardly legible now. But some say Family, Faith, Hope, Joy, some run to foods, Grapes, Tea, Wine. I don't want my inanimate objects preaching or chattering at me. Can't stand the self-check out prompting me to do what I have already started to do, before I even have a chance to do it. I've been known to take the time to shut off the volume. When my seatbelt beeper chimes at me, I tell it to gimme a chance, sheesh. Don't I always wear my seatbelt? Yes, yes I do, so cut it out.

Went out for a spice rack of some sort. BB&B had one, although a bit expensive, it looked such cheap plastic, as much as I could tell with it in it's box, none out to see. And not really useful for our mad array of spices. Tried two of the local church's thrift stores, the larger one in the ritzier neighborhood had nothing at all. The smaller one in our more down at heels area, had a much better selection. Found several metal objects, averaging 75¢, that have, once I cleaned them well, helped in the organization of that cupboard.
Salt down, the sun is melting the snow on the south roof, leaving quite a slippery mess. Knocked away the large icicles with the tree lopper. Useful tool that has proved.
Best part of TJs, reasonable flowers. Which I like from here.
Made sure they had long grasses, which Moby likes from here.
Yum.
I managed to buy nothing sweet, although often tempted. Had enough of that the past month, ready for respite. Just some dried apricots. No cookies.
1 comment:
mmmm cookies.
Post a Comment