Saturday, April 03, 2010

Strawberries




I forget, sometimes, as we all do, how blessed I am. What a good friend Moby is. What a patient, loving human D is. Whatever my discomforts, I have no real health issues. We make a decent living together, and have a warm and welcoming honest marriage. Life is never what we plan, or hope for, but can nevertheless be full of joy, and with everything to be grateful for. We have our little family here, and I am humbled at my amazing fortune at being so loved.

Made Strawberry Stuff (usually Apple Stuff, which is apples, graham crackers crumbled, brown sugar, cinnamon, nuked in a dish) with strawberries, graham crackers crumbled, a bit of brown sugar, nuked in a dish. Lovely dessert. There is apparently a bumper crop of strawberries this year, bad news for growers who can't get decent prices and will plow under strawberry fields because that's cheaper than selling them for too little. Twisted system we got here. But I'm going to enjoy the strawberries anyway.

4 comments:

gz said...

(0)
(couldn't work out how to type a strawberry shape!)

D. Jean Quarles said...

I've been loving the strawberries as well.

Claire Beynon said...

(o)

sonia a. mascaro said...

Beautiful words!