Friday, April 27, 2007

Delish




Anna's poem, here quoted, deserves illumination and illustration.

Zhoen's cat is really too swish
To eat from a crude pet-store dish,
This fastidious diner
Sups from blue and white china,
Licks his whiskers & says
"How delish."

10 comments:

Mella said...

Oh, I love it!

Lucy said...

Gorgeous, lucky Moby!

Anna said...

All is as it should be in Moby's world.

MB said...

I love the way the rhyme forces reading with a certain accent. Fun!

herhimnbryn said...

Anna, lovely poem.
Zhoen, I am humbled. Our hound sups from a plain earthenware dish.

Zhoen said...

I suspect Moby remembers being in the shelter for so long, and is still grateful in his own way. He is not a greedy animal, and expresses appreciation effusively, if before the food.

The bowl IS earthenware, one I made. The kitty dish was about $1 from a Japanese import store that was going out of business. Read somewhere that some cats don't like food with the smell of plastic, I know I don't.

Fire Bird said...

(o)

Peter said...

At least cats are visual critters, unlike dogs. The Mobe-ster can certainly appreciate the colours and texture of the dishes, although I suspect he's more interested in the grub... :)

Pacian said...

=^_^=

Anonymous said...

oh! I love the kitty dish.