Saturday, April 28, 2007

Crumble (Photo)



"Words fail
Buildings tumble
The ground opens wide."


She's Actual Size.
They Might Be Giants.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I've ever seen you with your hair down before. Pretty.

Lucy said...

(O)

Darkmind said...

I hope you don't mind, but I printed out the picture, made a bunch of copies, and put them up all over town. Now I can say "Her face, hangs in portrait, on the post office wall"...

mark drago said...

very good portrait z. I've come to like the tint you usually use.

LJ said...

Am I the only one who is finding these haiku hilarious? Not all of them.
But..."they might be giants"???
And I really like the portrait, too.

Zhoen said...

lj.

Um. Not haiku. Lyric quote from song by They Might Be Giants. A band. Haiku has 17 syllables. I suspect you are pulling my leg chain.

herhimnbryn said...

(0)

Zhoen said...

Mark,

Can't take much credit for it, just the Sepia on Photobooth from Mac. Always have had a soft spot for those old photographic processes.

colleen said...

The last two lines speak to me in a big truth voice.

Zhoen said...

Colleen,

Not my words. A quote. Links have been added for clarity.

mm said...

(o)

Dale said...

Wow. That's a mesmerizing photo. So beautiful and simple and still, and yet it takes a lot of doing to look at it; there keeps being more there.

Zhoen said...

Dale,

As always, you cut to the bone, and take my breath away.