Saturday, June 23, 2012

Hot


1753, 23 June
Fair

99°F
(37°C)
Humidity: 3 %
Wind Speed: SSW 29 G 36 MPH
Barometer: 29.69 in (998.20 mb)
Dewpoint: 7°F (-14°C)
Heat Index: 93°F (34°C)
Visibility: 10.00 Miles


This is just not happy.

I have only one pair of decent shorts, and one with holes, both are about ten years old. I tried to find a replacement, and could not. All the same size, some were too large, some too small, some too tight in the thigh, some too short in the rise, some simply too large. Did not want capri's because they only look good on Mary Tyler Moore and Audrey Hepburn, when they were under 30. Useful for Mormon women who need to cover their holy underwear. For me, a complete waste of time. Did bring home a knit skirt that I can use when it's hot and I don't give a shit, i.e. going to work. It was also on sale, big time.

Friends over, with three year old. Moby remarkably tolerant, until he was done and went to hide in the back room. Got to talk gardening. Found out the front door frame is wobbly, Dave offered to come out and help with putting in some bolts. Good friends, in the midst of early parenthood, among other issues. Time is their most precious resource, we don't want to ask much of them right now. There is time. We have a thirty year mortgage.

Forcing myself to pace it all is difficult. I want to fix everything right now, so I can relax. Doesn't work that way.

5 comments:

herhimnbryn said...

I dread to think what the UV index is there right now. Sunscreen, baby, sunscreen!

Zhoen said...

h,
I just stay in, or if I have to go out - full coverage. At this altitude, no kidding 12/16 UV

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=149&sid=92581.

Dale said...

Oy. Summer hasn't started here.

Zhoen said...

Dale,
Does it ever? In Oregon?

Phil Plasma said...

(o)