Friday, June 15, 2012

Kiwi



No little baby bel cheeses? Horrors!

Still, a nice spread for work, the classes were, as expected, relatively painless, and I snagged a paper and did the sudoku and crossword to stay awake. I am well versed in MH, and kept myself getting annoyed at the change in how paid time off is done. The new way here is like most other places I've been, but not to a lot of the folks where I am now, and it's better or at least no worse. So they started with a series of questions, which was fine. Then the loop began to repeat, which is when I finished the crossword. D observed that in this right-to-work state, employees are used to being screwed, so they are suspicious. At a university hospital, this sense gets doubled.

I did snag some kiwis. Not sure what they were thinking that they didn't slice them, just whole, unpeeled, kiwis sitting in a bowl, next to sliced ham and cheese, croissants and cut up fruit and almonds. No one touched them. No surprize, not the most attractive fruit in it's scratchy brown skin. So, I swiped 'em. Gonna make smoothies.




The processing staff had the inventory done by the time we were done, so all we had to do was pull our case carts for Monday. Easy. Although my scrub was awol, no matter. Only three cases, and I set it up for my convenience. Instruments and supplies, that sort of thing. And then, I skipped the lunch/"barbecue" because I do not enjoy eating outside, and I wasn't that hungry.


Got the sticker on the license plate, tied up the tomato plants, turned the compost, borax on the stink tree stumps that are trying to sprout around the bases. Swept the bedroom. D getting laundry done.



2 comments:

Rouchswalwe said...

... do not enjoy eating outside ... !!! Egads!

Zhoen said...

Rou,

Outside, there are bugs competing, wind getting everything cold, and blowing everything away. Mind you, my experience is lastly from the army, and when that food gets cold, it's beyond awful. I like comfort when I eat, and no competition for my food.