Some of the questions put to Jenny.
1. What do you love about blogging?
I get a circle of friends from all over the world. Answers to questions, support, cheering, insight.
4. Newspapers, radio or Breakfast TV?
Papers are only for the puzzles, at work. Never could stomach early morning chat tv, I don't even get tv at home. Radio, NPR in the car. Online news, aggregate sites.
5. What is your favourite cake?
Come to accept I really don't like cake. Even as a kid, I had to have the cake, but would gladly have just had the frosting. But I do have a soft spot for panettone, which has no frosting at all.
6. One thing you would still like to learn?
So many things I'd have loved to have done when young and strong, if only I'd had the money. Skydiving, bungie jumping, ultralight flying. Now, I'd like to draw more, take better photos, continue to write.
10. The first album you bought with your own money?
No idea. So much of what records I had were leftovers, or chosen because a friend was a fan. If I go with the first recording I bought that I still love, that would be 3 Mustafas 3.
11. What is your favourite flower?
Bougainvillea. Anything purple. Iris. Love my scarlet flax.
The Questions Jenny asks.
1. If there is one candy left in the box, do you have to eat it, or can you leave it sitting there all alone for the next few weeks?
I can leave it. I am likely to choose to have it anyway, but if I have some reason to save it for later, I have no problem with that.
2. What do you want to remember most of all, if you survive to be very old?
To be kind.
3. Would you enjoy being a very rich and famous celebrity? ( after all you don't HAVE to be like the unedifying Charles Saatchi and Nigella Lawson and pay someone £1,600 a week to clean your silver and gold collection....)
I would love to be very rich, I have a detailed plan in case this happens. I would hate to be a celebrity, though. Well-to-do and obscure is probably best.
4. Which of the photos in this post is your favourite and why do you like it?
The gold tea set. Both the potter in me and the raven want to run my hands all over that.
5.What piece of music do you personally find most emotionally moving?
Something wordless with dense harmonies, complex rhythms, minor key, that sounds ancient, like klezmer laments that turn into frantic dances.
6. How do you deal with anxiety, depression and bad times?
Beer. And consistently choosing to be calm, to find the humor. It's an integrated approach developed over a lifetime.
7. What do you love doing that bores everyone else stiff?
Sudoku. Writing. Especially question lists.
8. Did you ever encounter an inanimate object that seemed to have a will of its own?
Never met a long cord I didn't think wanted to knot itself in spite.
9. What is your very favourite hotel or restaurant? (This blog does have "travel" in the title, after all)
Red Iguana. Also the Hong Kong Tea House.
11. What do you wish you had known when you were 18? (if you are under 18, ignore this question)
That I would find stability and love. And to take more science classes in college, risk a B or two.