Then I went out the garden. One of the big reasons I really wanted a house rather than a condo, and it has become more than I hoped. Ten years ago, I could not have been the gardener I'm becoming. Would not have had the patience, the attention to small things, the desire. Although I did plant roma tomatoes in a planter on the carport roof outside my window in the first apartment after freedom, when D and I first lived together. It's probably still there.
When D and I were out there last evening, in looking for bugges, I noticed they all have little, bitty, potential tomatoes growing. We whooped in pride and delight.
Hello!
Welcome!
There were bugges, but some of the flecks were tree debris. I'm keeping them all sprayed with my homemade mixture of bugge deterrent.
The grapes overflowing from next door put me right back into Mrs. Rizzardi's arbor. When small, I loved those sour green grapes, and ate what came through the fence as soon as I could. Perhaps that's when I got used to the idea of spiders, since they loved her arbor, as much as I loved her. When someone mentioned that spiders eat mosquitos, I was quite content to coexist with spiders.
I did mow, and rake, and get most of the scrub into the bin, and turn the compost.
Great when a plan comes together.
2 comments:
Well hullo, you sweet potential tomato! Prost!!
You are doing way more with your garden than I am with mine. I wish I had the time and energy.
Children seem to zap me of both.
Post a Comment