Sunday, June 10, 2012

Junk

We did walk over to the swap meet. Nothing notable, although if the scuffed library chair had been half of what the guy wanted for it, we would have it now. Problem with dealers, they don't seem to get that odd stuff at a flea market needs to be a deal, not what the market will bear. Rather like a yard sale when the sellers expect top dollar for used stuff. That sort of event needs an attitude of getting rid of stuff for a nominal fee. It's not like going to a shop that fills special orders, it's junking. One expects to pay junk prices. That's the deal. If one wants to look for the valuable & rare, antique stores will fill that role, and charge accordingly.

I blame ebay and Antiques Roadshow. Really, a treasure is in the eye of the beholder, and most of it is just more or less trash. Our disliked crap is not worth a ton of money, to anyone. D did check out the handful of guitars, just in case, but no, nothing notable, not close to nifty.

Nevermind, we will keep going because it's something to do one weekend a month on a Sunday when we need to go for a walk. And, you never know.

Saturdays will be for yard sailing.


I just hope the lawn debris bin gets picked up this week. Didn't last week, which meant I didn't do any trimming this week. Probably just as well. I did weed the chard bed of cottonwood seedlings. Talk about fiddly work.

Tomato plants doing fine, now.

I find myself not wanting to write anything deep, or important, or anything much at all. I take photos, but they don't turn out well and I delete them. Minutia is as much as I want to consider. Little things.

2 comments:

Relatively Retiring said...

Little things make the world go round.

Zhoen said...

RR,
No kidding. I love my accumulated marbles and small stones.