Friday, April 03, 2015

Thrumming

Got a call from work yesterday afternoon. Two people needed to be called off, would I like to be one? Sure, lovely, gratefully, yes. Much better night, the flashing is slowing back down, feeling quite well, if a little tired.

Reading Simenon, Maigret on the Riviera, completely drawn in. D found a couple of French movies of Maigret from the 50s, with Jean Gabin, very compelling. Re-watching the Michael Gambon version as well. So, we also got what books the library has. Reminds me a bit of the two Le Carre mysteries, a wandering quality in a dangerous world. A rich resource, many stories.






Thrum under the soles.
A train, rain, loose change, letter.
Awaiting, patience.

3 comments:

Fresca said...

I's quite proud of myself---I saw your snippet on my blogroll and thought, "Jean Gabin!"
Of course his image is pretty ineradicable, once you've seen him.

(Hm. "ineradicable"--don't think I've ever actually used that word before, but it's perfect for Gabin's face. Also, Jeanne Moreau's.

Glad you got some time off--I unexpectedly got to leave work a couple hours early and it was a wonderful treat.

Zhoen said...

Fresca,
Not sure I've seen him in anything before, and as you suggest, I think I would have. The Maigret film feels like a peek into a different time and place.

gz said...

(O)