That the pollen has swamped us with irritant helps not at all. Even folks not generally allergic are showing symptoms. I'm not highly reactive to trees, but it's got me stuffy. D is suffering histamine reactions out the nose and eyes. Drugs only do so much, and bring their own problems.

Still, cleaning the dining room today, dusting and polishing to the corners. Making a little cheerful, reduced-dust space. Brushed Eleanor thoroughly yesterday, at her behest. She seems more comfortable now. And yes, I can tell. She mews. She lets me approach her without running away, brush in hand. It's rather like communicating with someone whose language you don't speak. After a while, with close observation, clear(ish) communication is possible, if limited.
Picked up the nearly empty beer can, and chip bag, and cigarette butts on the front garden. My neighbor gets very irritated about this on his lawn, but I just get rid of it. (Easier than picking up after surgeons and residents.) I'd still rather be the cleaner than the careless person sheding trash wherever they go. Along here, to be the homeowner is many steps more stable than most of the folks walking by. Having compassion for them in their chaotic lives feels more appropriate than feeling pissy about the detritus they leave behind. This is my responsibility, and my blessing. It's a symptom of their distress, and that it falls to me to correct, to my own satisfaction and benefit, is not worth complaint. Just a job, in front of me, do it and be done.
Clean and lemon oiled, decluttered, but not to worry Eleanor, the rug is back. And we have not eschewed silliness.
8 comments:
Oh, dear. That means all those things about which I said "When pigs fly!" will now happen?
Well, I'm screwed!
House the Home looks very inviting, cozy and full of warmth and caring. Nice job, Z&D!
Crow,
Not to mention all the impossible things we have to do before breakfast.
The dining room has always been nice, but we never quite knew what to do with it, never having had one before. We're getting the hang, I think.
I covet the oak built ins. Yay for oiling wood!
Nimble,
Not sure it is oak. Maybe. One visitor thinks it's ... gum, rubber, what did she say? Rubberwood, I think.
Gumwood, I suspect.
http://www.craftsman-style.info/finishing/065-gumwood.htm
I live on a street that gets quite a bit of litter also; in the Spring especially we have a big clean up as all of the snowcovered stuff accumulated through the winter makes its appearance.
No pollen yet here, still too cold.
Never eschew silliness.
Phil,
Our neighborhood cleanup is in May this year.
Fresca,
Don't think I could even if I tried.
Post a Comment