Thursday, April 30, 2015

Pretty


Not, it must be admitted, the prettiest of flowers. Not something to show up in a wedding bouquet.

But, green onion flowers certainly have character and a sort of weird charm. The bee appreciates their beauty.



As someone who could be similarly described, I feel the kinship.



Show offs.



But, awww, so delightful to the eye. And they have a right to their more generally noticed beauty as well.

Addendum: For those of you who have not read Pratchett yet, IO9 has a handy guide with descriptions.

6 comments:

Fresca said...

I love these flowers!
Do they smell slightly oniony at all?

Say, I only accidentally realized that there's a link in this post when my mouse ran over it---have you considered changing the color of the live links so they show up? Or do you want them the same color as the text?

Fresca said...

Hm. I looked more closely--maybe the link is a tiny different in color? I can't discern it though...

Zhoen said...

Fresca,
They don't smell of anything to me, but I'm still pretty congested.

The link color is somewhat visible in my browser, but it probably should be a little more distinct.

Fresca said...

Ah, yes---thanks! I've probably missed a lot of links before this. I don't know how much people follow up links, but I often do.

Phil Plasma said...

(o)

FARMGAL said...

I love album blossoms. Alien-like and interesting.