
He really does have quite the vocal range, especially when he's singing for his supper. Which is to say, hungry at 0200. We're working on getting some of his stylings recorded.
This is sort of a meme, but with the questions meant as conversation starters, via Captain Awkward.
What five objects would someone use to summon you?
A cup of tea. A friendly cat. A contained fire. A watery shore, brook, river, lake or ocean. Home.
What would create an irresistible You-trap, like, if you walked by this place on the street you’d have to go in and check it out?
A rummage sale style antique shop with a steampunk vibe. Any import shop with lots of color and sparkle. Not that I'd necessarily buy anything, but I'd browse. An interactive art/science exhibition with no children around. An Open House for a place we'd never buy, but is architecturally interesting or historical.
What’s the best Halloween costume you ever saw/wore?
I went as a stage, with my favorite puppet holding the trick-or-treat bag. Cardboard box with crepe paper, covering me from the waist up, cut out front. Blacked my face, black pants and turtleneck. The curtains actually worked too.
Amazingly, I found an image of my puppet! This is her!

What was your first ever job?
Camp counselor in training. They had me lie about my age to the kids. Happily set up the camp, my first time sleeping outdoors, or being at camp. I quit two weeks after the kids arrived, completely overwhelmed. I was 17.
Did you have an imaginary friend when you were a kid?
Not a specific one, but all my dolls and stuffed animals had strong personalities. I sometimes talked with an imaginary sister.
What’s a word that you knew what it meant but never knew how to pronounce?
Oh, so many. The curse of the reader. Once I find one, I work really hard to learn the accepted pronunciation.
If the universe could give you back one lost item, what would it be?
The Carmina Burana album by some French group, played on period instruments from the original music, not the Carl Orff version at all. Very raw and lively and lost to me forever. Part of the ransom for my life.
When you were little what did you want to be when you grew up?
Whatever I could see women doing on tv. So, actor. Doctor. Pilot. Stripper. Not teacher or lawyer though.
This is a scheduled personal holiday, just the one mental health day. Taking the cats to the vet for well-checks. Not looking forward to wrangling them into carriers, could get tricky. Zeppo hard to catch, although he doesn't seem to mind actually being held. Eleanor catchable if treats are on offer, but she still does not like being held. I may put the harness on her earlier. It seems to slow her down for purely psychological reasons.
2 comments:
Some cats will only allow themselves to be dragged if they have a harnace on them. Good luck.
A friend of ours tried to harness Winky, a one eye-d cat he'd rescued as a kitten abandoned in the street, the year before, in preparation for a move. It was like the Tasmanian devil, a whirl of claws and teeth.
https://tenor.com/view/tasmanian-devil-gif-8691001
Eleanor fell down and went semi-comatose the first few times. Not so much after she got used to it.
Zeppo... a mystery.
Post a Comment