
This bulb came free with something else I got last year. Can't remember what it is, but it looks impressive, and happy to be here. Rain last night and this morning, so the garden begins to really green up.
Much like when I broke my wrist last year, I'm finding the time without work is good for my roiled mind and soul. Not how I would have it, but given it, I will make use.
We've been chatting with neighbors walking dogs. Dogs come up to be petted, and we humans appreciate the contact by proxy. I wanted to give Mike of Mike&Spike a hug, he clearly needed one, so I cuddled Spike instead. Then Beth&Gus arrived, and much needed reassurance was shared.
There were more mild aftershocks this morning, I think one woke me, and I got up and felt another one - saw the necklace hung on the light sway meaningfully. Signed up for the local reddit, because I need the contact. Really glad we took that CE geology course a few years ago. It helps me to dig down deep into scary stuff, saturate my brain with data and experience. Worked for my childhood fear of close ups of eyes, when I took anatomy I felt much better. Wish I could have studied eyes much earlier in my life. Today, I've been watching videos of the 2011 Japanese tsunami. Indulging my morbid streak displaces the anxiety.
Today, I watch the necklace, and listen for the chimes, and if they aren't moving, I know it's just my heartbeat that I'm acutely aware of. A friend of ours called Dylan, and they chatted for a good hour. I'm so grateful for the check-ins from friends and family. Thank you, who left comments yesterday.
6 comments:
Is there something in the US like Geonet in NZ?
Dogs know...we met a Patterdale bitch called Molly...a wee cracker and so much like Pirate's Rocky...an urban terrorist but we miss him
I suspect they have to have felt an earthquake before. Zeppo may be reacting to aftershocks now, but he definitely did not pick up on the first, big, one before I did.
There are a couple of places that track earthquakes, including my university. I've been watching the aftershocks closely.
News of the earthquake near SLC didn't even make the front pages of the many sources I have been reading, so your post is the first I have heard about it. As Gilda Radner always said, if it's not one thing, it's another!
best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com
Mae,
I'm not surprized, it was only sensational to those of us here who were shaken. No real damage, injuries or deaths. It was only big news to us.
I read today that it was felt in several surrounding states but oddly not in Arizona. I remember once when we were in Mazatlan taking a siesta in our hotel room and I felt a slight sideways movement and then realizing that the mattress was on a concrete slab that there must have been an earthquake. Later I read that one had occurred offshore from us but, fortunately, it was just a small one. A bit scary though.
Cat,
The weirdness of earthquakes. I've been feeling phantom aftershocks.
Post a Comment