A year ago my life tipped over. And I despaired and grieved, but walked away. And struggled and wailed and gnashed my teeth. I also endured and persevered, and accepted all the help on offer, and there was so much from so many people with kind hearts and good advice.
It feels a lifetime ago, now.
I've learned so much.
I've healed so much.
I don't miss the OR, or the pain, or the people who caused me grief. I did not have to waste all that knowledge base laid on over two decades of experience.
I can deal with the ones who blame me for their own choices, because they are my job. But I also get so many who try, and appreciate, and help.
I'm catching on.
I'm being paid enough.
I work with good people doing their best.
Last year, I needed not to assume it would be better.
But godsdamnit, it sure is.
7 comments:
Good! X
It's such a wonderful surprise when things get better instead of worse. We do what we can of course but there is plenty of entropy to go around.
Mazel tov!
(0) xx
So happy for you.
I am happy for you, you had quite a hard time.
Thank you all. You all kept me sane, or at least sane enough.
So good to hear. We far away people were all rooting for you. May this next year bring more good things!
Post a Comment