I've noticed a degradation in my writing here. The job really is sucking up my mental energies, not surprisingly. I have to trust that my flow will return, once I get over the steepest curves learning the work. I know I can get it back with consistent, daily practice, that simply isn't possible at the moment.
I'm not even making photos daily, which takes a lot less brain work than writing.
It does feel like a new phase of my life. The beginning of the last third - if family lifespans hold true for me. I've worked on all the damage, created and found and salvaged. The future is unknowable, and the past is a fading dream.
I love and am loved. This is never to be taken for granted. And can never be taken.
5 comments:
"I love and am loved. This is never to be taken for granted. And can never be taken."
Yes. Yes. Yes. Thank you for writing this down today.
am,
Always good to hear from you. Glad to have hit a good note for you.
... and poetry:
I've worked on all the damage, created and found and salvaged.
The future is unknowable,
and the past is a fading dream.
True for all who live fully and long enough, I believe.
In the past, fading memories. In the future a limitless void. Live then for the present.
Nice. This resonated with me, Z. Thank you!
Post a Comment