Thursday, April 01, 2021

Masks

 Just got my result for the Covid study, and it looks like yes indeed, I did have it a year ago December. Well, that was the last time I was sick, and I was OHSOsick. We are both vaccinated as well.  And will keep wearing masks, because they are less cumbersome than a sandwichboard with my vaccine record printed in 36 point font. 



I had a job once wearing a sandwich board, and it was miserable. Masks are fine.


One thing I've noticed the last few months.  Patients coming out of anesthesia used to always pull their O2 masks off, repeatedly.  But not so much anymore.  It's a really marked change. I think it's because they are used to having something on their face, so it doesn't bother them so much. 


My red tulips are blooming this week. 



And Eleanor is fluffily sunning. 





4 comments:

Catalyst said...

So glad more and more of us are vaccinated. Some day this too shall pass. Beautiful flower and, of course, cat.

Nimble said...

Ooooh, gotta get those sunbeams in between the fluff to get the full effect.

How interesting to know you had it in Dec. I have a friend who's just developed a Lupus flare up and so now doesn't know when she'll be able to be vaccinated. So unfair, so tantalizingly close.
2nd dose for me on 4/20. Now I just have two teenagers to get vaccine appointments for. Maybe by May...

Zhoen said...

Cat,
Everything does, in the long run.

Nimble,
She is mostly fluff. She's a cobby body shape cat, so solid in the middle, but a healthy weight. The fluff though, that goes on and on and on.

Hope your friend is in a position to get the vaccine soon, how frustrating. And your kids soon as well.

Rouchswalwe said...

If I were a cat, I'd be like Eleanor!

Getting my 2nd Pfizer on the 8th, and my boss is already telling me I should take that Friday off. I keep reminding him that I am a tough German and shall report to work. He just laughs.