Monday, April 19, 2021

Adaptation

Apparently they decided to stay in bed. 


 Woke up at the usual time, tea & cereal, showered, dressed, walked around the block, finished my Unemployment application.  Started cleaning up the shop to make it my proper desk.  Time to stop using the kitchen table as such, but it was related to getting up too damn early, having breakfast while reading weather, comics, the news, then off to work. I would dress there, from when Dylan was still asleep when I got up. 

Everything is changing, no point holding on to obsolete habits. Adapt, change. Grow. 

Addendum:




I moved into the shop, and the cats decided this was fine. Opened the window, and Zeppo liked this. Then Eleanor took her rightful precedence. 




4 comments:

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Give it time. Adjusting to new routines can take awhile.

Zhoen said...

This one is particularly painful. I feel obliged to get back and I dread it.

Catalyst said...

Relax, damn it. Take your time. The cats know what's important. BTW, I'm enjoying a book "Perestroika in Paris" by Jane Smiley. It's not at all what you'd expect from that title. Check it out.

Zhoen said...

Cat,
Oh, thank you! I've been looking for something good to read.

I keep ping-ponging back and forth and all over, wanting to take a break, wanting to get this settled and income started, needing to step back and reflect, needing to get all the forms and requirements completed. Still have all the momentum of the JOB pushing me forward.

I know you are right, but we still need income, and my brain feels like a sack of marbles I've poured out on the beach.