I've been looking for a red wind breaker/raincoat for many years. I'd pretty much given up, not wanting the odd reds or bright pinks I could find. Then a catalogue came, and there was the same style I used to have, the example in a bright clear green. I really was going to go for the navy blue, having decided I'd never find the right red ever again. I don't wear green usually, the green kept saying "you know, I'm a very pretty green..." So, I thought what the hell.
Got it home, wore it out. Then I realized.
It's the same green as the House, Monet's Garden.
I feel a bit silly. I still like it, and it's good to have more color in my life. I just wish I'd realized it sooner.
Not big on matchy-matchy generally. I'm sure House doesn't mind. So that's alright then.



7 comments:
Homage to House!
It's a nice green and it's good to have a change, pushes us out of a rut if needed!
It's a lovely colour. Just don't hang it on the door-knob - you could lose it.
Lookin' good in red or green!
Catalyst said it best for me. House thinks, I believe, that now she has to get Dylan and the cats in the same color - the family color!
That's great. And not at all embarrassing compared to matching with one's spouse I think. That strong red is a good color, surely it will come around eventually.
gz,
I have such a preference for camouflage, which in a way this still fits...
RR,
Might lose me if I stand there too long.
Cat,
Awww. Got a patient yesterday coming out of anesthesia, I was holding his hand as we rolled to PACU. "So nice to have a pretty, young, nurse holding my hand!" He was only 4 years older than me.
Crow,
The cats will never agree to this. I might get Dylan in some brighter t-shirts though.
Nimble,
It was my favorite ever raincoat. Can't remember what happened to it, I think it just wore out. That was 17 years ago and it wasn't new then. Dylan and I accidentally match, but largely because we both wear a lot of dark blue and black. Hard NOT to match.
Prost to colour! I am always on the lookout for a mustard yellow, which is surprisingly rare in clothing hereabouts. My one jacket in that colour always garners compliments (most from strangers at the store).
Post a Comment