Thursday, March 18, 2021

Study

 A letter marked to Resident doesn't always get opened. It took a moment to register that we were randomly chosen to answer a survey on the troubles of the past year, and give our spit and blood to be tested. I would have volunteered in the vaccine studies, except that they didn't want health care workers - just in case. We go in Saturday, and give our data points. 

 Wearing masks. 


I'm really glad to be part of this. 

5 comments:

Relatively Retiring said...

That's great! I hope you'll be free to say just what you want and no doubt need to say.
I am delighted to have just been offered my second vaccination, eleven weeks after the first. I can't believe that anyone would choose to reject this wonderful event. I told the very polite person who rang me that I was almost too excited the write down the details, which gave her a laugh, but she also said, 'I wish there were more like you.' I know people are questioning which vaccine they will be given.

Rouchswalwe said...

They picked a perfect "resident" ... glad to hear you are both going to participate.

I'm feeling a bit lethargic and my left arm feels like an elephant's trunk, but I am also delighted to have received the first Pfizer injection this morning (#2 is scheduled three weeks from today). Like Relatively Retiring above (hullo!), I thanked everybody in my path on the way in and on the way out of the facility.

Zhoen said...

RR,
I got my first on Christmas Eve, my shot nurse was so happy! We all were, all hospital workers done through our hospital. Got my second on Inauguration Day. So glad to get it, just wished it could have been everyone. I only found out what I got after, they are all good, all would get an A in a percentage based grade.

Rou,
So glad this is all coming together! Keep rubbing your arm, fast, surface, not too fast, it will keep it from pooling and keep down the localized inflammation. The lethargy is pretty typical.

HUZZAH!

Catalyst said...

We're a few days away from the two weeks after our second shot. Huzzah, indeed.

Zhoen said...

Cat,
It's such a relief, all the friends here getting the vaccine. We're gonna be ok.