Terrific winds since early morning, still bitter by the time I left work. Canyon winds, channeled and powerful, and selective. Trees down, branches, leaves making a mad, panicked dance. On my way up to work, a school bus in the lane next to me put on a turn signal to move left. I let it in, and then saw that the right lane was blocked with two garbage bins. The higher I drove, the worse the wind gusted, a massive force against the car, at stops shoving me from side to side. Had I been flipped over, it would not have particularly surprized me. I braced myself for the walk to the door, a breathtaking stretch. The woman ahead of me struggled to get the door pulled open, grateful when I added to her efforts.
North of us, a gust of 102 PMH was clocked. Right here, one of over 60 MPH was measured. Semis knocked off the highway, signs thrown all over. Even the commuter train got blocked by debris on the tracks. Hurricane moments in the middle of a continent. Very odd, unsettling. We do get these winds once in a while, but this one is a doozy. That it blew through during the day I think makes it worse.
And it is very dry. A dew point of 12˚F (-11 C) is not comfortable, my hands are cracked, my eyes scratchy.
Despite it being Thursday, it was Windsday, Pooh.
I don't know why this struck me so funny, but here it is.
5 comments:
Your weather sounds hazardous. I love that video.
winds- nature having a clearout.
Keep safe
Risky Windsday. Take care.
That contraption is brilliant. Where can you buy one? The ideal Christmas present.
the ketchup is hilarious... windy here too, but not quite like that. Take good care.
WV - mussyrow
crazy wind can be crazy.
Not windy here, in fact, clear skies and only moderate, 3C today.
Post a Comment