Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Tossed

Sick as the proverbial dog. Or in some places, parrot. Bad taste in my mouth starting yesterday afternoon, a little beer when I got home - which is usually a good idea, then bread and jam because I didn't feel like a meal. Two hours after bed, I woke and began the ordeal of vomiting every one to two hours until 10 am. When the other end chimed in. The beer didn't help, but this has to have been food poisoning. D got a coke from the lobby for me before he left for work, and I let it go flat, drank some of that, which seemed to prevent further emesis. Had some cereal at 1pm, and tea that tasted terrible. Sore everywhere, chills, then sweats, then chills, weak and icky. Called in sick for tomorrow, knowing they were going to call off staff anyway for low census.

Sleep is all screwed up, but with the time change this weekend it'll hardly matter. The last time I went through something this bad, chicken wings were to blame, and I'd just been diagnosed with three herniated discs. That was a fun night.

We all go through this sort of thing, once in a terrible while. Between D and Moby, I am comforted in my misery, keeping my humor up while keeping the chicken broth and crackers down.

5 comments:

Reading the Signs said...

Hope today finds you better than that

Pacian said...

"prevent further emesis"

During my next "once in a terrible while", I fully intend to use this eloquent phrase.

Rouchswalwe said...

Oh Oi oi ... I feel for you. Once had three days of misery from Mackeral Sushi ... feel better soon!!

Rosie said...

boiled white rice and bananas are my treatment for this...you need a blue blanket as well...

gz said...

more fellow feeling- got campylobacter last year and it is still rattling quietly around my system.
Hope you're feeling better by now